Non-permanent Liquor Licences

The successful and expedient application for a permanent Retail Liquor Licence in South Africa is an expensive and time consuming undertaking only advised to business or people who intend to operate a permanent business that will sell liquor to the public.
Top view of barman finishes preparation of alcoholic liquor and ice cocktail in multicolored neon light
Girl Smiling
Business Permit

Protection From Business Risk

Failure to ensure the granting of a Temporary Liquor Licence for your event could result in a raid by the SAPS and the confiscation of all liquor at the event.
Leon Slotow Attorney specializes particularly in the business and successful application of Temporary Liquor Licence applications for one-off and any-size events. These include applications for clients like H2o, NASREC Expo centre, Carnival City and the NorthGate Dome and we would be happy to do the same for you.
When & Where

Occasional Or Temporary Liquor Licences

In the case of a business or individual who only requires permissions to sell liquor to the public for a short period of time (during an school fete, music festival, public market or similar), the Regional Boards have made provision by issuing Occasional or Temporary Liquor Licences.
Temporary Liquor Licences only allow the holder to sell liquor to the public during the specific dates applied for and laid out on the licence and only on the premises and specific areas applied for and laid out on the licence.

To apply for a Temporary Liquor Licence, please contact:  INFO@SLOTOW.CO.ZA at the very least TWO weeks before the day of the event.





  • Please also include the following information in your email:
  • Full physical address of where the event is to be held
  • Plan or Map of where liquor will be sold
  • Certified copy of ID book of the person running the event
  • All company details and information
  • Blurb or advertisement of the event

How Temporary Liquor Licences Impact Events